Device for online measurement of bubble size distribution in flotation cells
- Applicable in industrial-scale mining. Within mineral concentration processes by flotation, the measurement and control of the bubble size distribution is critical for the efficiency of the process.
- It optimizes the resources used and controls other variables of the operation such as air flows, quantity of reagents and quantity of foaming agents.
- Diagnosis of operation. By measuring this variable, copper recovery can be related to bubble size distributions and their collecting capacity.
Device comprising: a tube having two ends, one upper and one lower; a measurement chamber in fluid communication with said tube, and positioned at the upper end of said tube, said measurement chamber having a window having an inclination with respect to the axis of said tube; and a connection for a vacuum line in the upper portion of said metering chamber. Furthermore, a system for on-line measurement of bubble size distribution in flotation cells comprising said sensor is provided.
The equipment is in TLR6 phase
On-line solution copper concentration determination equipment for solvent leaching and extraction processes
- Reduces the times for obtaining information related to the copper concentration.
- Specifies the result of the samples. Currently, due to the large size of the pools, the results of the samples obtained at one point usually differ from those taken at another point in the pool.
- It has image analysis software that allows identifying the right time to stop the leaching process and obtain the largest amount of copper, as well as develop predictive models based on the data collected.
The Multispectrum equipment works with a sampling, filtration, conditioning and data collection system: it sucks a sample from a gutter or pool, which is then directed to a tank with a filter. There, using an anterior light and a camera, an image is captured which, after analysis, allows the concentration of copper contained in the sample to be determined.
The equipment is in TLR4 phase
Organic level height determination equipment in the solvent extraction process
- Determine a real height needed for the interface between the aqueous and organic phases of the copper after being leached.
- It allows process control, since it is a technology that can deal with the heterogeneity of densities involved in the mass transfer process.
- Sensitivity of the design to changes in the organic phase.
It is a conical and hollow float that, through the driving force of the different phases involved, correctly measures the height of the organic level in solvent extraction cells, allowing the operation to be stabilized and the transfer of copper matter to be improved.
The equipment is in TLR2 phase
Monitoring Tires in Mining
This project seeks to improve the quality of information on the condition of the tires, by generating a real-time wireless monitoring system for stresses inside the tire. In this way, we will be able to detect punctures and incipient failures early, and properly schedule their maintenance. This information is relevant both in economic terms, since it will be possible to make better-informed decisions about the steps to follow regarding a critical component, and in safety, since a tire blowout can cost the life of an operator. Our system is based on the incorporation of ferromagnetic microwires inside the tire’s rubber. The magnetic properties of the microwires are a function of the tension to which they are subjected, therefore, we will be able to know the state of tension inside the tire by measuring the microwave dispersion. This makes rubber a smart material, or metamaterial. Currently this project is creditor of a FONDEF.
The equipment allows detecting events related to a person’s fatigue in order to anticipate when the driver falls asleep or begins to show fatigue and thus prevent it through a visual and sound alert. It is possible to see in real time how the driver’s condition is through a fatigue index displayed on the equipment screen, in addition to a historical condition throughout the driving shift.
The project contemplates the development of machinery capable of making a real-time selection of those rocks that have a higher ore grade, this will be achieved through a series of modules that prepare the ore from the first stages of the concentrator so that it can be be analyzed correctly by a specialized vision system, which through an algorithm will allow the processor to detect which of the rocks have a higher ore grade so that they are then separated, generating a final product with a higher concentration of mineral. desired ore.
The main function of the nuclear densimeter is to obtain an approximation of the density of a sample, depending on how a gamma radiation flux is attenuated when passing through it, to obtain the difference in gamma ray flux that exists between that flux that passed through the sample (decreasing its intensity) and those that are returned to the source. In the particular case of mining, to which the product is oriented, it will be used to measure the density of a flow of material that circulates inside a pipe, and the nuclear densimeter will be installed around it.
The main objective of the project is to obtain real-time values of the concentration of Radon gas present in the environment, by measuring the emission of alpha particles as a result of the decay of the gas. Although, in the national context, there are no regulations on the presence of Radon gas, more developed countries are already legislating on it, as a result of new research carried out in the United States and the United Kingdom, which demonstrates the relationship that exists between inhalation of this gas and lung cancer, so the prototype is intended to be a key piece for future studies on the subject.